Glaramara Recce

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Glaramara Recce

Post by ALANSI48 on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:32 pm

Hi all,

I have just got back from three nights at Glaramara House with Joyce to recce the place itself and the Saturday B-walk. Everything went very well (apart from the weather at times!) I know that there are many members in the club who will remember Glaramara from days gone by but this was our first visit and, after talking to a 96 year old Manchester CHA member and his son, I am assured that Glaramara has changed significantly in recent years! We were very impressed by the place. A lot of money has been spent on bringing the place up to modern standards and it has been done very well. The bedrooms are thoughtfully designed and, although they may not be as large as at some places, they have everything that you may want (unless you are looking for a telly!) The food was excellent - buffet self service breakfast and a good choice for evening meals. Glaramara prides itself on reducing waste and so choices for the evening meal are made on arrival and at breakfast on subsequent days so that they know how many of each choice they are preparing rather than try to estimate and run the risk of producing too many of some choices and running out of others. The food was excellent and substantial. The staff are well trained and eager to please. The bar is well stocked and, although prices are not cheap, they are in line with most Lake District establishments - e.g. the two draught beers on were Loweswater Gold and Coniston Bluebird, both at £3.60 per pint. There is a small but very efficient drying room with underfloor heating and a dehumidifier.
I came away from Glaramara feeling very confident that we will have a great time - we just need the weather to be on its best behaviour!
ALANSI48

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glaramara Recce

Post by Hilary W on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:59 am

Excellent. Thanks for making the trip Alan. I've never been here before so as looking forward to it.

Hilary W

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top